Optical fibers a drawn from a preform (large glass bar 30 or 40 mm).
To test the quality of the glass before the optical fibers are drawn this accessory can be used in combination with a high end spectrophotometer.
Mostly 2 bars of different lengths (short and long) are used to determine the ratio of the transmittance. From this the internal transmittance can be determined. So accurate measurements for low absorbance values.
- Transmittance measurements of Glass bars with length up to 300 mm
- Diameters up to 50 mm
- 60 mm Integrating sphere detector with NEW enhanced PMT
- Wavelength range 250 nm – 860 nm
- 15 mm diameter collimated beam
- Accuracy < 0.2T%,
- Reproducibility < 0.05%
- Enclosed optics protected from contaminations